CSS Layout Fundamentals
In this course you will learn the key components of CSS Layout, the elements that underpin layout on the web. Even if you have been writing CSS for many years, this course will consolidate your understanding, and give you new insights into why things are as they are.
The skills you will learn here will help you progress to a better understanding of layout methods such as Flexbox and Grid.
Course in development!
This page is a placeholder to show the upcoming curriculum and so this course cannot yet be purchased as a standalone. It may be purchased as part of the CSS Layout Complete bundle, which will give you access to all layout courses as they come online.
- Normal Flow (4:41)
- Changing the value of the display property (5:42)
- What makes up a box in CSS? (5:15)
- The Box Model and Alternate Box Model (3:25)
- Writing Modes and Direction (2:57)
- Physical vs Flow Relative Properties (5:29)
- Absolute Positioning
- In Flow and Out Of Flow
- Fixed and Sticky Positioning
- Floating and Clearing
- Block Formatting Contexts and flow-root
- Two Value display syntax
- Box Generation
- Margin Collapsing